Pomegranate Wine Recipe
February’s Featured Recipe: Pomegranate Wine
- 8 Pomegranates
- 1 lb Raisins
- 2 lbs (4 cups) Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Acid Blend
- 1 teaspoon Pectin
- 1 packet of Wine Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Yeast Nutrient/Energizer
- 1 Campden Tablet (sulfite)
- 1 gallon Boiling Water
- Optional: 1 cup White Grape Concentrate
- Open pomegranates and remove seeds, taking care to avoid pith and skins.
- Crush pomegranate seeds as finely as possible in large bowl.
- Boil water, then combine all ingredients except Yeast – stir thoroughly.
- Let sit a minimum of 6 hours, or overnight, until room temperature.
- Add in Yeast and stir thoroughly every day for 5 days (or until S.G. of 1.050).
- Strain the resultant must with a fine strainer, add to carboy w/ airlock.
- Rack at 3 weeks, then every 3 months for one year.
- Bottle, Store, and Enjoy!