Pear Wine Recipe
Sweet Pear Wine Recipe
- 5 lbs ripe pears
- 1 gallon water
- 1 lb raisins
- 2 lbs ultra fine sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons acid blend
- ½ teaspoon pectic enzyme
- 1 teaspoon yeast nutrient
- 1 package wine yeast
- Boil your water in large pot.
- Chop the pears and place in the primary fermentation container.
- Add the sugar and citric acid to the primary fermentation container with the pears.
- Pour boiling water over fruit and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Let cool until the mix reaches room temperature.
- Add the pectic enzyme and let the liquid rest for 1 day.
- After the mix has sat for a day, add the yeast and yeast nutrient.
- Cover the container and place it in a location that will keep an average temperature around 60 degrees and will not expose the container to direct sunlight.
- Stir the mix daily for 1 week. Rack into a secondary fermentation container.
- Seal the container with the airlock. In 3 months, rack into bottles.
- Let the bottles rest for at least one year.
Winemakers Depot - Your Trusted Source for Winemaking Supplies, Equipment, and Information