Dandelion Wine Recipe
Dandelion Wine Making Recipe
This Dandelion Wine Making Recipe Makes 1 Gallon
- 7 cups dandelion petals
- 1 gallon HOT water
- 1 1/2 lb. sugar or until Specific Gravity is 1.085 to 1.095
- 1 cup white grape concentrate
- 3 1/2 tsp. Acid Blend Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Tannin Powder
- 1 Campden Tablet
- 1/4 tsp. Yeast Energizer
- Wine Yeast
- We suggest a Starting Specific Gravity of 1.085 to 1.095 for 11% to 12.5% Alcohol by volume potential.
- It is most important to use only the petals - NO GREEN.
- Put straining bag into the primary fermenter
- Place dandelion petals into the straining bag and pour BOILING HOT water over them.
- Add the sugar to the hot liquid
- When the liquid has cooled to about 80 degrees crush campden tablet and add with all remaining ingredients EXCEPT wine yeast to straining bag, and tie securely.
- Cover with a plastic sheet, after 24 hours and when the must is below 75 degrees, add yeast.
- Ferment for three days after fermentation first becomes apparent, or until Specific Gravity reaches 1.040.
- Strain off dandelions.
- Press, and rack into a one gallon jug and attach an airlock.
- Rack after the first week, then one week later and again in two weeks. Rack every 2 months until the wine is clear and no sediments are formed on the bottom.
- When wine is clear and stable, bottle - before bottling, add 1/2 tsp. of anti-oxidant powder per gallon.
- Age 6 months or more before drinking.
Winemakers Depot - Your Trusted Source for Wine Making Supplies, Wine Kits, Beer Kits and Homebrew