Cranberry Wine Recipe
Cranberry Wine Making Recipe
2 pounds cranberries, fresh or frozen
1 pound raisins
3 pounds granulated sugar (about 6 3/4 cups)
1 campden tablet
1 teaspoon nutrients
1/4 teaspoon pectic enzyme
1 1/4 teaspoon acid blend
1 package wine yeast
1 gallon water
- Chop cranberries coarsely. The goal here is the break the skin on every berry to help the juice leach into the water. Place them in the primary fermenter. Add raisins, water, sugar, yeast nutrient, pectic enzyme, acid blend and crushed campden tablet. Stir well to dissolve sugar. Let sit over night.
- The next day, check the specific gravity. It should be between 1.110 and 1.115. Add yeast and mix in well. Cover primary fermenter. Stir daily for five days.
- Strain fruit, squeezing out as much juice as possible. Put into secondary fermenter and place airlock on the bottle.
- For a dry wine, Rack in three weeks and return to secondary fermenter.
- Rack again in three months, and every three months until 1 year old, then bottle.
- For a sweet wine, rack at three weeks. Add 1/2 cup sugar dissolved in 1 cup wine. Stir gently, and place back into secondary fermenter.
- Repeat process every six weeks until fermentation does not restart with the addition of sugar. Rack every three months until one year old, then bottle.
- This wine is best if you can refrain from drinking it for a year and a half from the date it was started.