SIS Wine Mixer and Degasser - Specially designed Stainless Steel Mixer and De-gasser is for mixing, stirring and de-gassing wine/beer. Manufactured in high quality food grade stainless steel with ABS blades. The blades act like a turbine for maximum mixing and stirring efficiency. The Stainless Steel Mix-Stir fits any electric drill, variable speed recommended. The Plastic blades fold down allowing easy insertion into a barrel or a glass carboy. Length is 22 inches long. Replacement blades/fins available.
Directions for Use of Degasser:
- To De-Gas your wine attach to drill and insert into wine through carboy opening. (Instert steel rod through drilled stoper to protect carboy opening).
- Turn on drill for 10 to 15 seconds until foam develops on top of wine. Turn off drill to allow foam to settle. CAUTION – Do Not set drill at too high a setting or foam created may come out of and over the top of the carboy.
- When foam settles repeat this process 2 or 3 additional times
- Remove from carboy, clean and sanitize
- Repeat entire process as needed to De-Gas your wine during the bulk aging process